Professional project management provides many significant benefits, including the following:
- Better scheduling and budgeting
- Better cost containment
- Better communication throughout project including process mapping and progress reporting
- Better change management processes including configuration management
- Better quality planning, quality assurance processes, and quality acceptance steps
- Earlier attention paid to "red flags" - project problems that may be indicators of more trouble to come.
Team member benefits
- Allows the creative team the freedom to focus on the activities most aligned with their talents and passions
- Less rework
- Better definition of work requirements
- Better understanding of roles and responsibilities
- Improved productivity of work through
Functional manager benefits
- Better allocation of resources
- Better communication throughout the company
- Improved work instructions
- Allows functional manager to focus on the department resource leveling, staff retention and training, and quality processes for their specific area.
- Improved project documentation processes and expansion of the organizational retained best practices.
Senior manager benefits
- Better use of company resources
- More attention to risk management
- Better project cost and schedule estimating
- Better project monitoring and control